Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Off Topic- Helping others

Today I got a press release from Ariat Boots that I found VERY interesting. If you don't know Ariat, they have a really interesting background and a very comfortable boot. Personally I own several pairs of them myself and LOVE how comfortable they are as well as the pretty styles. They can be a bit pricey, but if you watch for sales they can actually be one of the lesser expensive boots on the market. Frankly, in all my visits to DC, where you have to do alot of walking, the visits that I made in my Ariat boots were the best because at the end of the day my feet didn't hurt.

Anyway, enough of the unpaid promotion of Ariat. (Although if Ariat would like to pay me for my endorsement let me know and I will gladly accept payment. LOL) The press release follows as do my comments.



Ariat® International Donates to Soles4Souls

Union City, CA Ariat International, Inc. is proud to announce their donation of footwear to Soles4Souls as part of the company's charitable outreach program. Soles4Souls is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the donation of shoes to aid those affected by natural disasters worldwide such as Hurricane Katrina, the Peru earthquake and the tsunami in Southeast Asia.

Soles4Souls started with a tragic image that flashed across the television screen of Soles4Souls founder, Wayne Elsey - a single shoe lying on a desolate beach in the wake of the devastating Southeast Asian tsunami. This haunting vision prompted Elsey to ask, "What can I do to help?" With that one question, Soles4Soul was born with a simple mission: To impact as many lives as possible with the gift of shoes. Since January 2005, Soles4Souls has distributed more than three million pairs of shoes, in forty countries, on five continents.

"Ariat is proud to partner with Soles4Souls, an organization that significantly impacts the lives of those in need on an international level," said Beth Cross, President and CEO of Ariat International. "We hope that our support of Soles4Souls will motivate our colleagues in the footwear industry and more specifically the equestrian footwear industry, to join Soles4Souls in improving the lives of others 'one pair at a time'".

About Soles4Souls – "Changing the World, One Pair at a Time."

Nashville-based Soles4Soul facilitates the donations of shoes, which will be used to aid the hurting worldwide. Shoe companies, retailers, and individuals can donate footwear (both new and used). Soles4Souls is a 501(c)(3) recognized by the IRS; donating parties are eligible for tax advantages. Call (866) 521-SHOE for additional information or visit www.soles4souls.org.

About Ariat International, Inc.

Ariat International, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative performance equestrian footwear, apparel, handbags and belts. Featuring a patented technology designed to deliver stability, durability and comfort, Ariat pioneered the application of advanced athletic shoe technology into English riding boots and authentic Western boots. Ariat products are sold in a network of retail outlets throughout the world. For more information about Ariat products or for the Ariat retailer nearest you, contact Ariat at 800.899.8141 or visit www.ariat.com.



I know that I have a ton of shoes in my closet that I bought and never wore or wore once or twice and never wore again. I think that I am not alone in having shoes laying around. (Please don't tell me that I am the only woman out there that has a thing for shoes.) I like the idea that they can go to others who desperately need footwear.


I recall the images after Katrina when people came out of the flood waters without shoes on, the same with other disasters. I wondered how they managed not to suffer severe cuts or other injuries. I mean I tend to go barefoot ALOT (people keep telling me I am crazy to be in the barn and working around the horses with no shoes on or outside in the winter barefoot) but there is still a time and a place for shoes.

Please support this wonderful charity.


No comments: