We are still asking people to submit comments, we may need more than ever to overcome the disappearing comments. However, if you are submitting your comments via email please request a read receipt. Another way may be to fax your comments. Please let us know if your comments are deleted without being read.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife ServiceA few points that can be made in your comments are:
Sheldon-Hart Mtn National Wildlife Refuge Complex
Paul Steblein, Project Leader
David N Johnson, Deputy Project Leader
P.O. Box 111, 18 South G Street
Lakeview, Oregon 97630
Phone: (541) 947-3315
Fax: (541) 947-4414
- The Sheldon Hart Officials should extend the public comment period to the usual and customary 30 days
- Support Alternative A, no horse roundups until a full Environmental Impact Statement is completed and scientific analysis of impact is done not only of the horses, but of other wildlife like pronghorn deer, sage grouse, and other species.
- The Sheldon Hart proposed draft EA is a significant federal action that is controversial and requires a full Environmental Impact Statement to be compliant the National Environmental Act (NEPA)
- The aerial survey of horses found 100% (800) less horses then the initial proposed environmental assessment in May, 2007 which reported there were 1600 horses. The survey should be independently verified by actually counts as an alternative to aerial surveys.
- The contractor, Dave Cattoor and Cattoors Livestock,of
Nephi, NVreferenced throughout the EA has prior convictions of hunting wild horse by aircraft in May 22, 1992 and selling wild horses to slaughter in . Las Vegas, Nevada