Monday, September 10, 2007

Cool Stuff

Here we are almost halfway through September and no movement on the horse slaughter bills, yet. I am still optimistic that we could get a wonderful Christmas present this year and our horses will be safer in their stalls. But, until then we all need to make sure they know we are still out here and still care deeply about the bills. Please take a moment and call, email or fax your 2 Senators and your Congressperson and let them know that you would like them to support S 311 and HR 503. Also, the Fund for Horses has started a fun and interesting thing to mail a straw to Senators and the the House to "Wag the Straw". It is fun, different and can make an impact if they get enough straws. It could also bring the media's attention to the issue again if they receive enough.

I have been busy getting ready for Musical Horse Aid. It is this weekend in Wisconsin and tickets are still available. Anyway, I decided I should have a nice AHDF polo shirt to wear to the event. While I was shopping around the AHDF's Cafe Press store I thought it would also be nice to make sure that some of the fun tee shirts I have there look good. I ordered my polo and one for my "helper" (wonderful hubby) and a sweatshirt. Then I ordered a funny tee about kissing horses. They arrived today and the printing and quality are great! I couldn't be happier. However, I didn't think about the fact that it is a cute and funny shirt, but it is also more for our single ladies. So, the first lady that comes up to me at Musical Horse Aid and says that they are an AHDF supporter will get the tee. We will have a few AHDF items for sale at the event, but mostly it will be for information. I will be speaking around 8:30 pm, just before the headlining bands play. For more info on the event go to www.animalfairycharities.org or go here to buy items from the Cafe Press store (you can also click on the link for Cafe Press on the AHDF home page).

Don't forget you can also shop for other items through i-give.com and specifying AHDF as your charity or by going to the AHDF mall . We are trying to make it easier on you to shop and help horses at the same time.

Thanks for all of your support, your hard work on the issues and for being a wonderful part of my life!

No comments: