It is with a heavy heart that I have to pass along the info that the Temporary Restraining Order to protect Cloud's herd and the Pryor Mountain horses was denied today. We don't have the decision yet, so it is impossible to say why the judge denied the rock solid claim. More than likely it was due to the issue of taxpayer funds being paid to keep the crews on hold while the case was being decided. However, it isn't time to give up, we do have other options.
Please make calls to the President and ask that he demand that the BLM not contiue with the removal which is slated to begin first thing in the morning. You can reach the switchboard at 202-456-1111 or 202-456-9000 . Calls need to be made RIGHT NOW.
Also, it is possible that even if they do begin the roundups that through the courts they could be forced to return the animals to the range. This would be a disruption to the herds' social status and wouldn't help any animals injured or destroyed during the removals, but it is a far better fate than being held in captivity for the rest of their lives or being euthanized later when BLM can't pay for their care as they stated last year.
So, again please call the President 202-456-1111 or 202-456-9000 and ask that he halt the removal of the Pryor Horses slated to begin in the morning and that he call a moratorium on all removals until the BLM addresses the questions and issues raised by Congress and the American public. Too much is at stake for us to sit idly by while these animals are forever removed or destroyed so they can never again run free and we lose such a big part of our heritage and our soul as a country.